The other day I was driving back from work going pretty fast trying to get to the beach. Next thing I know I have this car coming at me flashing their high beams, along with the person behind him. They did this to warn me that there is a cop up ahead with their radar gun out and for me to slow down. This got me thinking about how did flashing high beams become this sign that there are cops up ahead and to slow down? How did this become a normal thing to know when driving?
I enjoy that fact that the public has a signals to warn each other that the law up ahead. It can help others save a lot of money from getting tickets. Especially since now a days, cops hide in the most ridiculous spots where you are basically on top of them before you can even touch your breaks.
I need some help relating your blog to what I asked in the power point slides about the first blog. Would you mind looking in it and adding a new post? :)
ReplyDeleteroger that Bistra. Guess I just got a little excited there....
ReplyDeleteSo I don't know exactly how flashing the high beams came into effect but a little fact that my mom told me a while ago is that in like a big city, say Boston, sometimes flashing your high beams at people is a sign of like danger. Gangs will come after you if you flash your high beams at them... even if its to signal a cop up ahead. I have no clue how or why but just an interesting fact to think about :)
ReplyDelete