Thursday, July 28, 2011
R$$
I enjoyed the way that I can go on google reader and stay updated on all of my interests through just going to one page. It was interesting to see what type of things are posted on the subscriptions that I chose. At first I was having trouble because I was searching for new subscriptions through my google reader search bar instead of clicking the "add a subscription" button and searching through there. It is nice to be able to view everyone's blogger page and my wikispace through using RSS. I like it because it is so simple, just a news feed of any type of stuff or social network that you are interested in. The organization in which I am researching has a constant updated news feed on the homepage of my subscription. PETA does a good job on relaying what is currently happening within their organization. My overall experience so far with RSS has been going well. It is nice to be able to access all your personal social networking through one page. I suppose this would save a person time if they just wanted to stay updated on their subscriptions real quick.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I had the same problem at first, searching in the search bar instead of adding subscriptions. Once I understood what to do, it was so much easier. One of the feeds I looked at was PETA and they do a great job sharing information. Hopefully it'll be useful info for your Wiki project.
ReplyDeleteI had the same problem at first too I couldn't seem to find the Add subscription button which made me confused. I'm glad I wasn't the only one to miss that I felt pretty dumb after I found it. My organization did not have an RSS feed so I guess this site wont be much help for the project.
ReplyDeleteI agree that the one nice thing about the RSS site was that you could view blogs and the wiki at the same time, while also researching the organization. This is such a tool for time saving, once you are able to easily navigate it.
ReplyDelete