Friday, July 22, 2011

FB and tweeting that twitter

Tweeting and blogging are similar in the fact of expressing how you may be feeling but it is a different way to express your feelings. When somebody tweets, they are saying short things about minimal stuff. While when you blog, it is much longer and has much more detail what is said.
 My experience with twitter is very minimal, I got a twitter a couple of months ago. I go on it once every couple of weeks to just check it out. I do not know much about how to use it, so it was nice exploring it a little more in depth for this class. When I do go on twitter I mainly am looking at Charlie Sheen and his latest WINNING experiences.
My experience with  facebook started when I graduated from high school and figured it would be a good time to get one in order to meet new friends in college. Since then I mainly use it to stay in touch with old friends and family. The only bad experience that I had with facebook was when I did not even have one. The morning of my lacrosse state championship my junior year in high school, someone decided to print of pictures of my team mates and I drinking that were on facebook. They proceeded to give the pictures to about five local newspapers, the school administration, and the police. Nothing came about it, but it just goes to show that people can get access to pictures that people may not think anything of and use them against whomever.
My privacy settings for facebook are, if you want to see my profile. You must be friends with me. I also have a few friends that I do not allow to see my status updates and posts. I made my Twitter public to anyone who wishes to follow because I am not saying anything on Twitter that requires privacy.
Looking through old posts and status updates on my facebook did not have much. I only found a few friends that swore when talking to me, which in unprofessional.



              

4 comments:

  1. I find it hard to believe that you only got a facebook when you were going into college, just because I've been on facebook since I was going into high school! But, I respect you for it, it was just a distraction for me throughout high school and it added to my procrastination. I have the same privacy settings on Facebook, my only friends that I do not allow to see my wall posts and pictures are parents of friends.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is very interesting that you use these websites sparingly! What do you do to procrastinate? Your story about the team photo bringing on so much publicity must have been obnoxious! I have heard that many coaches on campus are very aware of Facebook, and how their team is being portrayed. Although it can be annoying at times, it is for our best interest. Facebook is an outlet for many people to view, and judge us. I am thankful that my boss encourages us to be aware of what we say and do, and what pictures are being taken!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I also find it hard to believe that you finally got a Facebook when entering college! You are right about it a great way to meet people. There seems to be an incoming freshman group every year. I was part of it and I already knew a bunch of people before I even got to school. I agree with Tara about team photo story I can't believe someone would do that. It's a good reminder of what can happen when inappropriate things are posted on Facebook.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hahaha I actually didn't know Charlie Sheen had a Twitter devoted to WINNING but I may try to find that now :) And I agree that tweeting is really just about keeping it short and sweet while blogging you can actually have more or a stream of consciousness. I also had that whole picture on Facebook scandal happen at my high school and it truly does make you think about what you post and who you let see your profile.

    ReplyDelete